Elaine Fontenot Molaison, PhD, RD
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Molaison, E.F., Kolbo, J.R., Zhang, L., Harbaugh B.L., Ismail, O., Yurko, B. (2020). Significant Declines in Overweight and Obesity among Mississippi Public School Students. Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association, In Press.
- Herring, A., Choi, H., Kolbo, J., Molaison, E., Harbaugh, B., Hardin, L, & Ismail, O. (2020). Breastfeeding History, Preschool Children’s Sleep, and Obesity. Journal of Sleep Research. Submitted January 2020. In Review.
- Haubrick, K., Molaison, E., Mohn, R., Huye, H., & Landry, A. (2020). Confirming deliberate practice in dietetics education. Journal of Education and Training, 7, 35-49. doi: https://doi.org/10.5296/jet.v7i1.15985
- Kolbo, J.R., Herring, A., Choi, H., Harbaugh, B. L., Molaison, E. F., Ismail, O., Hardin, L., & Werle, N. (2019). Maternal, child, and parenting factors associated with obesity among pre-kindergarten children in Mississippi. Journal of Public Health in the Deep South., 1 (1).
- Lambert, L., Molaison, E., Stroud, S. (2018). Students’ purchasing practices from food and beverage vending machines and nutritional value of items selected. Journal of Foodservice Management and Education, 11 (1), 1-6.
- Haubrick, K., Molaison, E., Mohn, R., Huye, H., & Landry, A. (2019). Confirming deliberate practice in dietetics education. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 119, (9S), A-50. Presented at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition, 2019, Philadelphia, PA.
- Molaison, E. (2020). Accreditation Environment. Presented to the Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors. Webinar.
- Murray, B., Molaison, E., and Seitz, D. (2018). Engaging Members of an Accreditation Decision Making Body. Presented to the Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors. Chicago, IL.
Professional Organizations and Service
- 1994 to present: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Formerly American Dietetic Association
- 2000 to present: Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Preceptors (NDEP), Formerly Dietetic Educators of Practitioners (DEP) Practice Group
- June 2002 to present: Program Reviewer/Site Visitor, Accreditation Council for Education in
Nutrition and Dietetics (Formerly CADE)
- May 2014-April 2021: Academic Member, Board of Directors, Association for Specialized and Professional Accreditors (ASPA)
- May 2019-April 2021: Treasurer, Association for Specialized and Professional Accreditors (ASPA)
- June 2012-May 2013: Chair, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
June 2008-May 2011: Didactic Program in Dietetics Program Representative, Commission on Accreditation of Dietetics Education (CADE)
Courses Taught at UA
- NHM 441 Nutrition Education
- NHM 442 Nutrition Care Process
- NHM 558 Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Diseases
- NHM 566 Advanced Clinical Nutrition
- NHM 567 Nutrition Support of the Critically Ill
- NHM 585 Clinical Nutrition Management
- NHM 587 Integrated Food Systems Management
- NHM 590 Advanced Food Systems Management
Courses Taught at Other Universities
- Medical Nutrition Therapy I, II, and III
- Practicum in Dietetics
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Recent Developments in Applied Nutrition
- Digestion, Absorption, & Excretion of Nutrients
- Lifecycle Nutrition
- Nutrition Assessment
- Renal Nutrition